Sacramento, California’s capital city, has some great museums, many of which are perfect for families with kids in tow. If your family visits museums regularly, but you haven’t quite made the jump to membership, now may be the perfect time to consider it. March is Museum Membership Month, and Sacramento Area Museums (SAM) are celebrating with some extra membership benefits to those who purchase in March. For instance, the California Railroad Museum in Old Sacramento, in addition to their already generous annual membership package (free admission, free excursion train rides, discounts and advanced notice to special events such as Polar Express and Spookomotive train rides) is offering new members an additional three months of benefits if membership is purchased in March. Here is the list of the Sacramento area museums who are offering extra member benefits:
- Aerospace Museum of California –Guests who sign up for a new membership in March will receive $10 off any Museum purchase (gift shop, Flight Zone simulator experience, Morphis simulator ride, etc.).
- California Agriculture Museum – Guests will receive an additional 45 days free with the purchase of an annual membership in March. Eight membership levels encourage guests to personalize their experience. Member benefits include general admission, invitations to new collector’s events, California tractor shows, demonstrations, and museum openings including Tractors & Brews that evoke California down on the farm fun.
- California Automobile Museum – All new members in March will receive an additional free months free, plus a coupon for a free Museum pilsner glass.
- California Museum – All new members will receive an additional three months free March 1 through 31, 2018. Three levels with a range of benefits are available to choose from starting at $40.
- California State Railroad Museum – All new members will receive an additional three months of membership during March for those who purchase online.
- Crocker Art Museum – Guests will receive an additional two free months free with annual membership when purchased during March (use promo code SAM). Member benefits include free general admission; invitations to exclusive, members-only events and exhibition previews; ArtLetter magazine; free and discounted programs, lectures, concerts, classes, and more; discounts at the Museum Store, Crocker Cafe by Supper Club and gift memberships.
- Maidu Museum & Historic Site –– During the month of March, all new members will receive a complimentary basketry book ($39 value).
- Powerhouse Science Center – Guests will enjoy a 10 percent discount on any level membership or membership renewal throughout the month of March
- Sacramento Children’s Museum – Guests will enjoy “throwback pricing” for new and renewing memberships in March which translates to a minimum of $25 off when purchased online.
- Sacramento History Museum – During the month of March, new members will receive an extra two months of membership free. Plus, all new members will receive complimentary “Gold Fever!” tickets for the 2018 season.
- Sacramento Zoo – New members who enter “SAM” as a promo code online will receive two additional months of membership free during the month of March when they purchase online.
- Sutter’s Fort State Historic Park – New members that join the Friends of Sutter’s Fort (FOSF) during March will receive an additional two months of membership free. Current members who choose to renew early* will receive an additional three months added to their annual membership. *As an added incentive, current members that renew AND upgrade their membership to either Fort Clerk or Captain will also receive two complimentary tickets to Tour by Chocolate in May.
Now that you’ve looked over the list and have seen the fabulous membership benefits being offered in March, we know you’ll want to take the Sacramento museum membership plunge. Now, the next step is deciding which museums to join this year, and we can’t help you with that one. We are still deciding ourselves!
For more information on all of the museums in the Sacramento area, click here: Sacramento Area Museum.